Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Back in the swamp and up to my ears in alligators...

Well, friends, we made it home again home again jiggity jog.  Actually, we've been back for about a week now, I've just been uber lazy in posting.  The last leg of the trip was a whirlwind, even for us.  We made it back home on about 57 redbulls each, about 6 pounds of M&Ms (me), and about 4 pounds of goldfish (Bails).  As Bails put it, the last leg of our trip was to roadtrips what all-nighters are to college: you don't really wanna have to pull it, but it wouldn't be college without 'em.  We did see some pretty groovy stuff (old plantations which we coerced security guards to let a couple of "architecture students" ramble around on?  check!) and made it back to the Lone Star state swamplands safe and sound.

I've deciding that, contrary to what my track record (SP whhhaaaatttt), the blogging life is the life for me.  So, if you need me, you can find me on my blog.  Hopefully I'll update it more regularly now that I have actual work to get done and therefore am in desperate need of a procrastination station...

What, you might ask, is this alleged "work"?  Have I not recently retired?  Does this mean I have acquired gainful employment?  ummmm not exactly...I have decided to apply to grad schools, giving me three weeks in which to prepare and take both the GRE and the LSAT...hence the alligators...I'm currently in a stare-off with about a foot high stack of practice tests.  I'll need y'all's prayers and encouragement!  And, please, if I call you, don't let me chat...I love you and want to talk to you, but more likely I'm calling to give me a reason not to study.  And let's just face it, I can come up with enough of those on my own!

Though I do not usually consider myself of the political ilk, what self-respecting American blogstress could neglect to mention the election?  As many of you know, I did not, in fact, vote for President-elect Barack Obama and it would be dishonest to conceal my disappointment.  I would, however, like to follow in the footsteps of one gracious senator in offering ol Bar (am I allowed to call him that?) my prayers and respect.  

Right after I watched the election results, a song popped into my head that is by MercyMe and is called "You Reign."  I was reminded that no matter who is the president of this country, I can rejoice in the fact that God reigns and that He has ordained whomever is ruling on earth.  It reminded me of a post I read on one of my "mom blogs":

"And there's one more thing that's been on my mind during this election.  As a Christian, I believe that God is on His throne no matter who is in the White House.  What's more, He ordains the rulers of this world AND he commands us to honor and obey them insofar as they do not ask us to sin against Him.  To act like it's the end of the world when our candidate of choice is not elected is implying that we don't trust God.  he is not affiliated with any political party.  his ways are not our ways, and He accomplishes His will through people of all colors and stripes and party affiliations."  (www.musingsofahousewife.com)

Well, I'm off to get a bit of sleep...gotta wake up early and hit the ol books!  I promise not to get political on y'all again if ya meet me back on the open road...


1 comment:

cwpage said...

Fras, I wanted to let you know that I am now a blogstress (in your words) as well. Who would have thought that you and I would ever get into blogging? I'm in a writing for online publications class and therefore I have to blog a lot! My final project is to help maintain and consistently post on our group blog - www.onefourfour.wordpress.com - in which we give the world our pearls of wisdom on what to do in life. Anyway, wanted to let you know that I have put a link to your blog on our site, so maybe you'll get some interested viewers...

p.s. I loved your tidbit about the amount of m&ms and goldfish you and Bails consumed - guess what two roomies could relate to that???