Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pahking the cah in Hahvahd yahd


Oh how can I even begin to describe my love for Boston?  Verily I say unto you, as far as cities go, it is wicked pissaaah (yah, that's right, just picked up a bit of Boston lingo, means "super cool")!

We got in yesterday after a trip to Providence, which is also one of the cooler cities I've ever been to...with Brown and RISD right there, I guess it was inevitable that it would become hipster haven.  I can only imagine how well American Aparel must do in that ciudad.  After Provi twas on to Bahston.  Let me tell you, MUCh more difficult to drive here than in NYC!  had a little pahking mishap involving my front bumper and someone elses cah...as the Boston folk say, *&@*&#!

We stayed with Stewart's friend, Matt, who very kindly let us crash on his couch.  By the time we got here I think Stewart was about to kill us (too much girl time, methinks) so we split off to do a little retail therapy/wander and let them do their thaaaang. Walking around Boston was a blast...the architecture is amazaing...truly is my new fav place...reminds me a little bit of DC, but the whole city is like a ginormous Georgetown with mucho mas accion...basically, I'm in love.  If you can't find me, I stayed here.

Highlight of Boston experience so far: RED SOX GAME!  ummm...what can I even say about Fenway Park?  Pretty freaking awesome!  It was so small and the balconies all had these American flag things on them (I think called bunting...?) and, of course, all Sox fans decked in red and blue...could I have felt more americana?!  Prob not.  We enjoined some delish fenway franks and cracker jacks, but were delighted to find that they also serve clam chowdah and hot chocky at the stadium.  Gotta love Boston!

We also had the good fortune to sit next to a lifelong Sox fan who became convinced that Bailey was from South Boston...a little preview of what I'm sure is to follow on her blog, "You'ah a f*(&*@#!@ Southie giahl!  You'ah a mic!"  Needless to say, I think it was Bailey's shining moment.

Today we woke up (late) and headed over to Cambridge, Mass, from whence I writeth.  Hahvahd is gorge and Cambridge is very cute.  Next it's on to Salem and then to pick apples, then up Vermont way...I hope the von Trapp family is waiting for us in dirndls and leiderhosen! By our calculations, it should only take four hours to drive to VT...hopefully we won't have another run-in with deceptively large mountains...

Love and miss y'all!  Updates to follow...

2 comments:

maddie said...

hot dogs at fenway
park are the best in the world.
haha, a haiku!

Anonymous said...

go rays!