Friday, March 6, 2009

LA LA land


Well, after a many month hiatus and what I can only describe as shoddy at best bloggage pre that, I have decided to pick up where I left off.  Ever rambling, I now find myself in LA.  In January I once again packed up the ol' Tahoe, which, if one could receive mail to an automobile, would basically be considered my primary address, and hit the road.  With stars in my eyes and dreams of taking show biz by storm, I set off on my next big adventure. 

I have now been out here for two months, working at a company called Metanoia Films (run to Blockbuster and rent "Bella").  In what capacity, you might wonder, am I working for the aforementioned production company?  What skills do I bring to the table out here in Hollywood?  Well, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll ask you kindly take a gander at the climbing wall displayed above.  You're probably thinking to yourself, 'What a good lookin' rock wall...sure wonder what kind of skilled technician installed that g'lookin monstrosity of an excercise outlet in that office.'  Well, my friends, you're lookin at her.  That's right.  Four years of college earned me a job as a laborer, mixing cement, climbing around on scaffolding, and building a 30 foot climbing wall in the middle of the Metanoia Films office.  Now that it's finished, only the good Lord knows what my next Metanoia task will be...I'm just praying it's something that doesn't require me to hang 30 feet from the ground wielding a drill or concrete sander.

Truth be told, I've been loving life on the left coast so far.  The good people of Metanoia are just that, buena gente.  I've been living with my aunt, Weezer, while I get my feet on the ground and see if this LA gig "takes."  Life with Weezer  makes for constant entertainment.  For example, I was sick this weekend and stayed in on Friday night (watching "Reality Bites"...for anyone reading this who is also 23 and drifting, do NOT watch this flick...it hits waaay to close to home at this particular juncture and will just make you feel full of slack).  The Weezer and I were just sitting there, chatting, when all of the sudden she heard some rustling in the driveway and looked outside to see a group of about four 16 year old boys in her driveway (which is gated off from the street).  The girl next door was having a birthday party, so there were tons of kids on the street.  Well, Weezer obviously would have preferred that they stay on the street, and just let those boys have it.  Seriously, y'all, I never in all mah life heard such an impressive display of blasphemy.  I can only imagine that those little hoods never expected such language out of their friend's fine upstanding neighbor.  Needless to say, staying in was worth the show!

Stay tuned for more tales from the left coast!  Miss y'all!

No comments: